TdF2014: Day 8


Halfway through the plying on the Wensleydale! That should get done today, and then tomorrow I move to plying the Targhee.


The BFL also saw action yesterday. I had yet another epiphany about woolen drafting - the combo of doing a lot of short draw to build up supported muscle memory and watching a lot of YouTube videos of various methods of long draw are what did it. Plus Abby Franquemont, in both book and blog. She's my spinning goddess. 


This one shouldn't last that long. Actually, rewinding might take longer than the spinning. 

Also, bonus sweater blocking:


Don't expect FO pictures in the next few days: just the sleeves are going to take 8-10 hours to sew up, because I'm anal like that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd appreciate it if you'd leave a comment with the Name/URL setting rather than anonymous - thanks!